Are you soon tying knot with your beloved partner? You may be really excited, confused, tensed and have a lot of mixed feelings. No? You may be excited as you are soon going to be with the love of your life forever, confused and tensed for the work you have to look after and countless preparation you have to do. Along with several other things, wedding program is one of the main things that can make your wedding a perfect and a memorable one.
Table of Contents
While there are multiple books on several topics, you may not be easily able to find a book on a wedding program determining wedding etiquette or a must-do. Though there are certain blogs and different ideas that can help you understand how to make your own wedding program, you may also require wedding program template for that. We have several types of wedding templates available for you on our main website. You can choose from any of them and simply download them to make a perfect wedding plan.
If you want to know more about wedding programs, check out the article. We have gathered some good information for you about your wedding program.
Wedding Program Examples
If you are planning for a traditional wedding, a large wedding or a long wedding ceremony, you can let your guests know about it through a wedding program. The wedding program is an opportunity for you to use in different forms. You can use it in classic form, to whom, to what and when. You can be informative, poetic, funny or include any type of tone you want to. Along with the tone, you can also give it different types of shapes and mould it in several ways. In order to elaborate the wedding program, you can choose different types of wedding timeline templates too from our main website.
Let’s see how you can perfectly shape your free wedding program templates.
Choosing the Right Format & Wedding Theme
There are different kinds of weddings, some are classic and some are formal. Also, if you are really fun loving, you can portray that in your wedding program, making it playful. Depending on the type of your wedding, your program should represent the entire wedding you are going to host. One of the most common formats is the folded or single card. But there are several other kinds of format including animated pictures of brides, cootie catchers, puzzles and games etc that can be used.
These kinds of formats may take time and if you are short of time yet want to make a perfect wedding program format, you can change the dimensions and add a whole new level of drama to your program. You can choose large squares if you want to go for a grand concept. If you want to go for an elegant look, you can choose rolled and coned format. In order to go for a cool and edgy look, you can go for sewn-down-the-seam. If you are looking for a trendy and hippy option, then you can go for sepia-toned booklets too.
The Cover of Wedding Program
You can keep the cover of the wedding program simple or elaborative. Normally, you can print the wedding date, names, and location too on the wedding card. Using candid photos can be a great idea. Also, the cover can be designed in several manners using wax seals, pressed flowers, bows and ribbons, monograms, and dangling charms in order to decorate the wedding program. When you design the cover according to your choice, the wedding program would be able to impersonate your own aesthetic, carrying forward some colors and details of your invitation.
Sequence of Information
The information should be following the wedding order so that your guests are able to follow it in the long haul. Basically, there are no hard and fast rules for the sequence of the information for your wedding program; you can do so in your own way. Couples who are lively and want to communicate nicely, they would want to communicate in a special and heartfelt manner. While others just prefer to give an outline of the day. Here are certain things that are typically include in a wedding program.
- You can mention the ceremony order of the events.
- You can name the wedding party.
- You can name the musicians, officiates, wedding planners etc.
- You can also write about the readings, prayers, songs, exchange of vows, unity, recessional music, cancel, and ring ceremony etc.
- You should also mention about the rituals and traditions that you will be using in your ceremony.
- You can also request for the audience participation. For instance, affirmation, singing, standing or kneeling, and the major things that would take place in a wedding.
- You can send regards or Thank-You’s to the people that you think should be publicly mentioned.
- There are some weddings which often lit up candles to honor people coming to the wedding party. You can mention them so that you can let them know how thankful you are to them.
- You can also add short and concise sentences about groomsmen or bridesmaid to let them know that they have played an important role to the wedding for both, the groom and the bride.
- You can also explain the importance of the theme, location, the first dance song etc.
- You can also add poems and quotes about marriage or love.
- One of the main things that can be of help to your guests is the routes and directions. You can add directions to the reception or gathering so that people can come to your wedding without any hassle.
DIY Wedding Program Templates
Wedding Guest List
Along with choosing the right format, cover of the wedding program and information you need to put in, guest list for your wedding is also one of the main aspects. You have a lot of people to invite for your wedding from your family, friends and colleagues. You cannot keep all of them in your mind. This is why it is necessary to maintain a guest list for your wedding. You can download wedding guest list templates from our main website in order to keep a track of everyone you are planning to invite. This will help you keep organized and ensure that you do not forget anyone for your wedding.
Additionally, your wedding guest list template can be simple as well as detailed. You can enter names, addresses, numbers and much more. But people likely keep it simple though it looks pretty organized if you put in other details, if you want to save time, you can simply add names in the guest list, ignoring other details.
Good Ideas for Your Wedding Programs
Whether you are having a glamorous cathedral ceremony or intimate and elegant wedding in a garden, here are some creative and really good ideas for your wedding program.
- Movie Credits Style. While there are multiple designs you can choose from for your wedding program, movie credits style can be one of the best ones you can choose. If you love watching movies, playwrights, actors, and theater lovers can also copy their favorite movie pattern to create unique design with lead actors. In order to execute this design, the attendants would become the supporting characters and special soloists can be made as movie credits.
- Scrolls. For a unique design, you can also place two giant scrolls on poles in the front of your venue so that the guests who will be invited to your wedding would read the castle-themed wedding or medieval. Additionally, then you can tie the individual scrolls and place it to the Victorian wedding.
- News Flash. How about presenting your wedding program in a breaking news format? The article could invite an in-depth characteristic for both the groom and the bride. Also, you can highlight the timeline of the ceremony events in a news flash form.
- Menus. This can be a great idea if you are foodie and simply love food at any time. You can describe each and every attendant in the form of dish. Make sure that you do not hurt anyone’s feelings due to their physique. Also, you can include their kids (if any) as appetizers or side dishes.
- Christmas Trees. If your wedding is near Christmas or in the month of December, why not trigger your guests with the feels of Christmas. You can hang your programs like ornaments to decorate your tree in the best way possible. You can also shape each program like an oak leaf.
- Garlands. You can create garlands with Christmas lights, acorns, chili peppers or any other wedding-themed programs. You can hang the wedding program in the form of strands on the chairs or back of the pews. In this manner, your guests would be able to read the entire program and garlands would become decorations.
- Scribes or Pages. How about handing over the entire program to the guests as soon as they are seated? Well, then here is a great tip to do so, you can present guests the entire wedding program with custom scribes.
Basic Wedding Programs
While these were just a few wedding program ideas, there are many you can choose from. We have several different kinds of editable wedding program templates to help you choose and decide upon the one you love the most. If you are planning for a wedding for yourself or somebody else, you can download a creative and free wedding program template from our main website.