At times it is good to appreciate what one person or a group of people have done for us. This could be due to the help or assistance they offered during a hard time or in making a certain event or ceremony successful. It might be a case of you appreciating your boss or a boss appreciating his/her employees for a job well done or it might be an appreciation of a client or one for a job referral. An appreciation letter or a certificate of appreciation would help you relay this in a better way that is more personal in nature. This site offers you with a variety of sample appreciation letters as well as a certificate of appreciation templates that you could use to simplify the generation of these documents.
Table of Contents
Certificate of Appreciation for Employees
Certificate of Appreciation for Students
Certificate of Appreciation for Donation
Letter of Appreciation
It is always good to be grateful for being offered a given opportunity or it could be a case of applauding someone for an astounding performance. Doing this using an appreciation letter will turn out to be quite impactful as it would imply that the efforts of one or the help they offered was indispensable in nature. If you find it hard to come up with a good or suitable appreciation letter, this site has got your back. Relax and take in the following information that will be of great help while you are at this.
The best way of writing a Letter of Appreciation
Though it can be quite a challenge to draft an effective appreciation letter that doesn’t deviate into irrelevant issues, with the right guidance this can be made to be easy as a, b, c. For professional cases it would be good to write an appreciation letter that serves the purpose of expressing how grateful an organization or office is in a precise manner that is confined to the facts or the results that have been attained. It is always a challenge to attain the delicate balance of being grateful in nature and at the same time sticking to the professional boundaries. You could overcome this challenge by simply elaborating the facts about a certain kind gesture.
The following steps will help you come up with the best appreciation letter:
- Don’t delay to write an appreciation letter; expressing how grateful one is should be done in the shortest span of time possible. Ideally it should be as soon after a given event, receipt of a certain gift, favor or any other act of kindness. It is recommended that one replies with an appreciation letter after not more than three days. In case it is to be submitted past this period then you need to have a commentary like ‘better late than never to say thank you.’
- It is good to use the appropriate letter format; for a formal appreciation letter, try to be professional in nature by using an appropriate typed format and use a quality paper while printing out the letter. For a friend or for a casual appreciation letter you could get away with a handwritten letter that is clear and legible as this will be appreciated by the recipient due to the nature of your relationship.
- You can choose to come up with your own format or choose to use an existing template. This site offers appreciation letter templates that you could customize to suit your needs.
- For those who are interested in setting up their own format, one should begin by entering the date in the top left hand corner, skip a line and then include the full names as well as the address of the person you are writing to. After this you need to skip a line and then add the salutation.
- In case you settle on using your own format it is customary to add the date and below this include a polite greeting that has to be personalized in nature.
- Including the Salutation; For appreciation letters that are meant for people that you are not conversant with or business associates, a title during the salutation bit is a paramount add on. For appreciation letters that are addressing close friends or relatives you could opt to be more personal in the salutation.
- For professionals such as doctors, military officials or government officials their address should capture their appropriate titles and their names should also be spelled in full.
- For those individuals who don’t have a formal title, the use of abbreviations such as Mr. or Mrs. /Miss is appropriate. You can use a combination of these if you are not sure of the gender of the person you are addressing.
- State the reason why you are grateful at the beginning of the letter; Like is the case for most formal letters, it is always appropriate to begin the letter by stating the main reason why you are writing to the addressee. In the case of an appreciation letters the main reason is to relay your appreciatory remarks due to a certain polite gesture from the addressee or it could be due to receipt of a donation or gift.
- Delve into more details of why you are grateful and how you intend to use their gift or donation in case it involves either of these. You could express how the gift or kind gesture has affected you positively. For the case of a donation or a gift you can state the likely uses of the amount or the gift offered and the positive impact that has been occasioned by it. This can be affirming and quite reassuring to the addressee and they will appreciate that their donation or gift will be put into good use and that it was received cordially.
- You can also use this section to describe who you are either as an organization or person to help the addressee get a clear picture of whom they offered help. You could also state your position in certain organization or business.
- You can elaborate on how you plan to use the contribution or donation and the people that will benefit from it. This increases your credibility and this may attract help in the future for a given project.
- Conclude your appreciation letter; While concluding the letter you should reiterate how grateful you are and don’t forget to point out that the gift/donation or kind gesture is quite valuable and that it is very much appreciated.
- Sign off the appreciation letter; For a formal letter you need to sign off the letter at the end using a valediction. This parting salutation should also be accompanied by your signature. The standard practice is to use the word ‘Sincerely’ as the parting salutation for formal appreciation letters. Less formal letters could have salutations that are more personal in nature such as ‘Yours Truly’ or ‘Best regards.’ You need to hand sign your name below the valediction. For formal letters it is standard to include your full names below your signature if this is not quite clear.
- Don’t forget to proofread your letter before sending it. It is always recommended that one goes through a letter to make sure that all the typos and grammatical errors have been dealt with adequately. An appreciation letter that has these errors will not be taken that seriously and you might risk being taken for a careless person or organization. It has been shown that reading the letter aloud can help one pick out more mistakes or you could also use the help of a friend to review your appreciation letter.
Volunteer Certificate of Appreciation
If you are looking for an inexpensive way of expressing how grateful you are to an individual in a formal way, offering them a certificate of appreciation will be highly appropriate. A certificate of appreciation can be used in various instances for example thanking one for a service they offered or for volunteering in a given activity. It is common for many non-profit making organizations to offer certificates of appreciation to the volunteers that help them in their activities. There are other many areas that also involve issuance of these certificates such as persons who work with parent organizations in schools or any other volunteer groups.
By offering one a certificate of appreciation this will mean that you appreciate what they have done and that you don’t take for granted the sacrifice that they made.
Many of us are not conversant with the process that is involved in the design or writing of a certificate of appreciation. If you happen to be among these people you need not worry as this site offers you with a guide that will be instrumental in coming up with a certificate of appreciation. What is more is that we offer you with high quality and suitable certificate of appreciation templates. This can make the generation of these certificates to be an easy and convenient affair for you.
Our certificate of appreciation templates have been designed to cater for most of your concerns or needs. Much research and effort was put while designing them to make sure that we have high quality and easy to customize certificate of appreciation templates that will be helpful to many people.
A good certificate of appreciation has to have some basic information. Our certificate of appreciation templates have these basic components that can make customization of one not to be a hard task as you will only have to add a few more specific components. One has to customize the template to reflect their organization or business name, some information on the organization, their logo and you also need to include the name as well as the title of the person that the certificate of appreciation is addressed to.
Our certificate of appreciation templates will aid you in generating certificates of appreciations that have a formal and professional touch to them. You will also end up with certificates that are quite impressive in nature in their appearance in terms of the fonts and style used as well as the colors and the margins. This will be a sure way of seeing to it that all the recipients will appreciate the quality and even feel that they have been recognized in the most appropriate way. This is line with the goal of issuing certificates of appreciation which is simply to make someone feel good about themselves.
If you want to make someone feel much appreciated about their efforts, giving them a certificate of appreciation will be a good way of making them to recognize the significance of their contributions to a given organization or volunteer group. But this doesn’t mean that they should just be issued with mere certificates, these certificates of appreciation need to be made in a way that reflects some high-quality design with a personal touch and an impressive appearance to sum it all up. By making use of our readily available certificates of appreciation templates you could meet these requirements and see you volunteers or employees beaming with joy.