An all about me worksheet is a great way for your students to write about themselves. In a classroom of twenty or more students, a teacher might take time to learn the finer details about their students. They may know their names in the first week but may not tell where each student comes from, what they love, their parents, or their age. An all about me worksheet will provide the teacher with every finer detail they might want to know.
Table of Contents
All About Me Templates
What is an all about be activity about?
When new kids or students join the school, it is necessary to learn more about them. It is easy to socialize with someone who you have more information about. During the first month, many teachers take their new students through an all about me activity. It is an activity that gives the learners a chance to write about themselves. During the activity, the learners are taught about information such as:
- What does my family unit look like?
- What nicknames do I call my relatives?
- My story about how I was named
- Is my birth story unusual? Can I share it?
- Was I adopted? Where did I come from?
- How many pets do I have? And their names.
- Can I speak another language other than English?
- Can I sing the entire national anthem?
- I’m good at singing, dancing, running (any special talent)
- My photos, my family photos, pet photos, etc.
There is no limit as to what the kids/students can write during the all about me activity day. The secret is to make it a fun day where children write all sorts of good and crazy things about themselves. Some draw themselves, paint their friends, play, and have merry the entire day.
All About Me Worksheets
Ideas about all about me day
Each year, you can change the activities all about your day. Plan a day when the weather is friendly for outdoor activities. You may get ready with an all about me poster template where learners will fill in details about them.
It is more fun to let them explore themselves while you guide them. You can customize the ideas to the age of your students. For example, preschoolers would love to talk more about themselves. They will mostly talk about:
- The food they love
- Their favorite color
- Their pet etc.
The first-graders may talk in a broader sense and include things such as:
- Their family
- Their community
- Their neighborhood
- Their friends
- Relatives, etc.
You may want to check a presentable get to know me template that is completely customized to make planning for an all about me day easy. Get a template predesigned for your classroom, whether it is for preschool or first grades. Here are different ideas for an all about be activities.
- Body tracing activity. The body tracing activity is an awesome time for kids to trace their colleague’s body. You require to buy a few rolls of butcher paper, pencils, or paintbrushes and paint. Dry erase markers will be the best choice. The activity will be loved by kids of all ages.
- Learn to write their name. Preschool kids must learn to recognize their names. Put letters on a letter board and let the kids search for letters that spell their names. Due to time, several kids can participate at a time. You may assist where help is needed.
- Learn about the body. Learning about the body is a science-fun activity. Provide the kids with body part labels and butcher paper. The activity helps kids to develop their brains.
- Personalities. Kids come from a family, which is what makes them who they are or “YOU.” Although they may have another brother or sister, they are unique in their own way. This is where kids fill the all about me page and fill in personality differences between their siblings, parents, or classmates. This is where they draw their family members like father, mother, sister, and brother. After drawing, let them cut the papers to have the images of their family members.
- All about me book. The all about me book is a DIY book created using a get to know me template. The kids write texts in bullets about them and then create a book. This activity may require more time to complete but it helps the kids become more creative.
- Is a get to know me template used by children only. The all about me poster template is common with younger kids. When they join the school, the teacher takes them through the get to know me lessons so that they learn something about each kid. The teacher gets a chance to learn about their classroom too. However, the all about me poster template is not specifically designed for kids only.
It can be used by high school or university students. Teachers, too, can use the all about me poster template to let their students know about them. The only difference is the content or how it is done, but the aim remains the same. Mostly, students in high school and university create an all about me page to help other students know about them.
Different types of get to know me templates
Depending on the purpose, several hundreds of get to know me templates are available online. Before you choose a customizable get to know me template, understand its use. Here are the different types of get to know me templates.
- Get to know me template for kids. This is an all about me worksheet used by preschoolers and early graders. They could also be used by kids in other grades, although they are mostly used by those joining school recently. Their teacher should guide them during the all about me event/day. This type of all about me poster template helps kids write about their family, names, what they love, their neighborhood, community, etc.
- Get to me know template for students. This type of getting to know me worksheet is used by students. It is common among students who are joining campus or high school recently. Unlike the get to know me to template for kids, this type of template may not require an official event. Students download the templates that will fit their needs and write a description about themselves. It helps other students to learn more about themselves in the new learning environment. It can help students make friends fast.
- Get to know me template for teachers. Teachers should also let their students or pupils learn more about them. It is a good way to create stronger bonds between teachers and their students. The teacher may not include a lot of information in the template, such as where they stay, their parents, and the like. They only need to write who they are in terms of their names, the subjects they teach, and the classes they teach.
They may also include information such as their hobbies, what they dislike, what they like, what makes them angry, etc. What makes a teacher angry is mostly when their students are disobedient, fail to do homework, make noise in the classroom, or continually perform poorly.
- Get to know me template for politicians. This type of all about me poster template is used by politicians to let the electorate learn more about them. Mostly, aspiring politicians will choose to use this type of template. They aim to sell themselves to the public so that they vote them into political office during a general or by-election. This type of all about me worksheet contains a lot of details. The politician details why they want the political seat, where they are coming from, and their plan for the public.
- Get to know me template for clergymen and women. The clergy might want the congregation to learn more about them. Faith-based congregations are open to membership, and new believers could be joining them weekly. The new congregants might take time before they know who are the clergy or leaders in the congregation.
The clergy can write an all about me page where they can check information about the leadership. It makes everything easier for the new members or even the old members who might not know about their spiritual leaders.
- Get to know more about me template for workmates. Workmates working in a large company may hardly know about each other. In an organization whose workforce exceeds one thousand, it becomes extremely hard to know about your workmates. Mostly, you will only know about the people you share a workstation or desk with.
It helps for the workforce to have an all about me page where every employee starting with the management, writes more about themselves. Anytime a colleague wants to know about another colleague, they will go to the all about me page and get some information about them.
Get To Know Me Templates
Guidelines to follow when writing an all about me page
You get to know me template should include as many details about you as possible. A lot of people will be checking your information to learn more about you. If you are a student, many other students would want to find out more about you. They would learn about your personality before they decide to be close to you. Follow the following guidelines.
- Choose your audience. Your first step is to know your audience. These are the people who will be reading your all about me page most. Decide whether you are writing to students, teachers, workmates, customers, or the public. For example, a politician’s all about me page will be addressed to the general public. A teacher will be addressing pupils or fellow teachers. Once you decide on your audience, write to them.
- Do not focus on facts. Focus on yourself and forget about facts. People want to hear your story or who you are but not what you have or you can.
- Focus on values. Your values are what you believe in. Values are what drive a person in their life so that they maintain their integrity.
- Tell your audience how you can be valuable to them. You could have special skills that your audience can use for a better experience in whatever they are doing. A student could be good in math or arts. If they are willing to help their fellow students improve like them, they can let them know they are available to help.
How to create an all about me page?
An all about me page describes who you are and your hobbies and sometimes contains links. People create an all about me page when creating their profile pages, websites, or blogs. Some people create their all about me page and update it on their social media pages.
The purpose is to let your audience know more about you. As simple as it might sound, it is not easy to write detailed information about yourself. The following information will help you write an attractive all about me page:
- Think about what you want to convey: Your all about me page should convey an important message to your audience. It can convey any of the following information.
- Who you are: Your names, status in life, family status, business status?
- What you are doing: Student, teacher, business person, writer, etc.
- How did you get there: Your journey?
- What’s your next move or where are you headed to?
- What are you doing currently? Currently, you can either be a student or a career/business person. If you are a class teacher, describe yourself to your students in a way that they will easily remember your name or recognize you.
- What you love doing: Write what you are passionate about. If you are a student, you might be passionate about research, studying astrology, science, computers, etc. A teacher could be passionate about teaching and seeing their students perform well. A business person could be passionate about innovation, marketing, etc.
- Write about what you are anticipating: These are the expectations that you have. You could be expecting to graduate with the best grades. Another person could be expecting to join the career world soon, and another could be expecting to learn more about a new learning environment, make new friends, and study harder.