A business can either succeed or fail based on how well it understands the expectations of their clients and customers. To ensure success, businesses can start using comment card templates to get much-needed feedback from the people who matter the most. Using these comment cards, the management can find out what works best for them, what they need to improve on, and what they need to eliminate to run the processes smoothly. In this article, we’ll learn more about these miniature feedback forms so that you can implement them in your business.
- 1 Comment Card Templates
- 2 Types of comment card templates
- 3 Feedback Forms
- 4 Why do you need to make a comment card template?
- 5 Feedback Templates
- 6 The common problems with comment card templates
- 7 Comment Cards
- 8 Creating your comment card template
- 9 Free Comment Card Templates
- 10 Tips for making a great comment card template
Comment Card Templates
Types of comment card templates
For a better understanding of your customers’ expectations and experiences, create a comment card template for them. This type of feedback template is very simple, easy to make, and easy to use too. After your customers have filled the cards up, you can gather all of the information on them and use that to improve your company. You can make cards for:
- Cleaning services
- Customer service
- Taxi companies
When it comes to comment cards, there is no standard format. Therefore, you can use your own creativity while creating the template. Base the style, design, and information on the purpose and the overall style and theme of your company or your event.
Why do you need to make a comment card template?
Comment cards are extremely versatile which makes them very useful. Any type of organization or business may use a comment card template. This will give them a better idea of how their customers feel about them and their services. For instance, a hotel owner may want to find out how the clients enjoy the services they offer while a business owner may want to find out how the customers feel about the suitability and quality of his products. It’s basically a means to get feedback which is why it’s also known as a feedback form.
If you find that your business starts failing, you need to find out why. One of the simplest ways to do this is by using a template where his customers can write their comments. Therefore, businesses must create a template containing all of the relevant information they need to improve their situation.
These cards can also help businesses function more smoothly, especially if they use the templates to know the demands and the needs of the customers. In fact, this is one of the most important functions of these cards. You can either make the template on your own or download this template and customize it to suit your business.
Comment and feedback templates are essential for the feedback process. Simple as they are, these templates can help you reap more benefits from your businesses if you listen to what your customers say.
The best part is that making these cards won’t cost you anything, especially if you produce them yourself. Just make sure that when you create the template, you provide enough space for your target audience to write down all of the information they want to help improve your business.
The common problems with comment card templates
So, you’ve decided to create a comment card template for your business. Before you start with the task, you need to know about the most common problems with the existing templates used by different organizations. Aside from making the template interesting and easy to answer, there are some things you need to avoid if you want your cards to serve their purpose. Here are a few common problems with comment cards to avoid:
- Not placing your comment cards in visible or accessible locations
After making your template, you need to get them to your target audience – the customers. Therefore, you should place the cards in easy to access locations so your customers can just get them on their own.
All types of customers should have access to these cards. Whether the customer has good or bad things to say to you, you need to find out about everything. The good comments will show you what you’re doing right while the bad comments will give you a better idea of what you need to improve on.
- Including too much information on the small card
If you’re experiencing difficult times, you want to find out all that you can about why they’re happening. But that doesn’t mean that you should incorporate too much information on your template. The more questions you ask on the card, the more disinterested your clients may get in answering them completely. It’s more recommended to think about the biggest issue you’re dealing with then focus on that. Then make a list of the other issues you want to address, arrange them according to the level of priority, and solve them one by one.
- Not wanting to accept negative feedback
All businesses and organizations would only want to receive good feedback. But this is never the case. No matter how amazing your business is, there will always be people who will find flaws. So, from the beginning, you should expect that you will eventually receive negative feedback. In some cases, this feedback can even help you as you would know what aspects of your business you need to improve on.
Also, don’t take all of the responses seriously. No matter how well you create the card and how interesting the information is, expect to get some joke responses which don’t reflect the true thoughts of the customers.
- Expect that the cards will fix all of your problems
Finally, even though feedback forms and cards are very helpful, they won’t solve all of your problems. If you give them to your customers, read what they have to say but don’t do anything about them, then they would not have helped you at all. Instead, you should take the comments of your customers seriously.
If you find that a lot of them say the same negative things about your business, then it’s time to deal with the issue. In doing this, you can take an active role in helping your business succeed.
Creating your comment card template
For event planners, businesses, and organizations, comment card templates can be a very useful tool. You can use the information on them to improve your business, your products or the way you do things. You can use different styles of formats when creating your templates. Your creativity will come into play as well, especially if you decide to make the template on your own.
When making the template, you may use different types of software. You can also download a template here and customize it by inserting the specific information about your own business. Here are some steps to help you out:
- Add a logo or any fun image which will represent your business.
- Encourage customer participation by keeping the questions on the card brief and direct.
- Provide an option for anonymity as some customers don’t like sharing their names or other personal information.
- If you can’t design the template on your own, use this template or other online software to help make things easier.
- Aside from placing the cards in an easy to access location, place a comment card box next. This will be helpful so that your customers know where to place the card after they’re done filling it out.
- Keep checking the box frequently to see if there are any new cards given by customers. That way, you can deal with issues quickly as soon as you discover them through your customers’ feedback.
- You may also want to come up with a database where you will input all of the valid comments. Through this, you can keep track of the trends and see if you’re experiencing any frequent issues.
Free Comment Card Templates
Tips for making a great comment card template
One of the ways businesses can gauge their success, or the quality of their services and products is through comment cards or feedback templates. A good template would focus on the issues your company commonly faces, and it should be short enough so your customers will fill them out until the end. The best ones are simple and easy to evaluate based on the answers provided by the customers. Here are more tips for you:
- Make a list of everything you want to include in your template. Some examples of information to include are the levels of customer service, the quality of your services and products, transaction speed, and more.
- Arrange the items according to their priority levels. If you know that there’s an issue in your business, then place that at the top of the list.
- Choose a template or create your own depending on the style of your business. You can download the template here or create one yourself using a word-processing software.
- Don’t crowd the template too much with graphics and images. Also, use a font that’s clear and easy to read.
- Before printing in bulk, print out a few test cards first to see if they’re clear enough. You may also want to print cards with varying font sizes to accommodate your customers who are visually impaired.